This year’s annual report, dives into the prevalence and impact of ransomware, including year-on-year trends. And, for the first time, it reveals the actual ransom payments made by victims, and how much data victims were able to recover after they paid. 5,400 IT professionals from 30 countries responded to this year’s report, revealing fresh insights into the frequency of ransomware attacks, how much hackers are demanding when data is encrypted – and if paying up actually works.
In this report you’ll find:
- How often cybercriminals succeed in encrypting data
- Which sectors are most likely to pay the ransom
- The average ransom paid by small and mid-sized organizations
- How much data victims get back after paying the ransom
- Best practices to minimize the impact of a ransomware attack