The challenge for Anderson Insurance Associates, a Charleston-based Insurance agency was to have a secure, central storage of shared company passwords to address lost employee productivity and IT burden caused by password-related processes.
The company had been letting employees manage passwords on their own, which resulted in security risks as passwords were written down on note pads, stored in documents on computer desktops, and shared haphazardly without accountability. Mandatory password resets every month or quarter further slowed down the team, with frequent account lockouts due to password confusion. Unlocking the accounts would sometimes take the IT team over an hour to resolve.
Read this case study to understand how Anderson Insurance Associates implemented a password management system that:
- Addressed password needs at all levels with organization-wide password management
- Eliminated dangerous practices of passwords written on paper
- Reduced IT burden by eliminating password resets and account lockouts
- Increased productivity with easy tools for managing mandatory password changes and password storage
- Ensured appropriate access that can be revoked immediately for departing employees